Airtable is a cross between a spreadsheet and a database.
It's simpler than Firebase, but has some convenient features like support for media files, making it simpler to manage content than Google Sheets.
Airtable allows you to automate tasks based on your data. For example, you can perform actions based on various triggers like adding a new entry or changing an entry.
However, it does have one major drawback. Its API is limited to 5 requests per second, seriously limiting Airtable for general use.
To connect Airtable to Flipabit you need an API key.
- 1.Log in to your Airtable account
2. Click ‘Generate API Key’ if the key hasn’t been generated already
3. In Airtable, open the table that you plan to import into Flipabit. Click ‘Help’ in the upper right corner, then click ‘API Documentation’.
4. In the page that opens, enable "show API key". From the menu on the left, click ‘Authentication’. Copy the URL from the right side in the ‘EXAMPLE USING QUERY PARAMETER’ section.
5. In the Database inspector, click Create and select Airtable.
6. Paste the URL into the Url text box in Flipabit. The URL contains the name of the first Airtable spreadsheet by default. You can replace it with the name of the table you need. Click ‘Download’ and wait until the import is finished.
7. To verify the imported data, go into the Database inspector, select the table, and click ‘Edit Data’.